Thursday, June 7, 2007

When We Got Home

Woke up this morning and the heat was on as it has been for the past couple days. Can you believe it heating in June?? When we got home from the park I grabbed the mail from the mail box and almost got stung by a persistent bee who keeps trying to make a nest there. We were hot, thirsty and hungry. I wanted something fast and I didn't want to cook. Ahhh a fruit smoothie. This one had 1 nectarine, 1 mango, several strawberries, grape juice, sugar, water, a pinch of dried seaweed and some flax seed meal. Gio enjoyed his in a bowl. It just needed something so I sprinkled toasted coconut on top. Good. Then I added some whole wheat cereal (chex type). Very good. I ended up eating mine out of a cup with a spoon. Sorry no pic before I knew it we had finished it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, it is hot in Erie too...
Those bees? were they the same bees that stung me?

imayme said...

Yes, actually they may be wasps. I took down about 7 or so that were all trying to start nests on the back porch. They look for a place where they will not get wet and is up high. This bee took me by surprise because he started the nest farther back inside the mailbox then the other times.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger