Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Simple Celebration

Well it was very warm for several days and now finally it has cooled down. I decided to celebrate with a cup of organic jasmine green tea and a couple almond crunch cookies both of which I bought at Oak Hill, a Mennonite store that we visit everytime we buy chicken feed. The tea reminds me of dim sum and my girlfriend Roossy. Roossy introduced me to jasmine tea one afternoon when I visited her and her husband. The taste is so unique. She made it with loose leaves. I bought a tin of loose jasmine tea but when I make it it just doesn't taste like I remember. They sometimes serve it when we go to dim sum and it is delicious. I tried organic jasmine green tea recently at a local coffee shop. The brand was Numi. When we were at Oak Hill I saw the above pictured box and thought I need that :). I've been waiting not only for the right time but also to have time to enjoy a cup and a cool evening before bed turned out to be perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of Jasmine tea. Wegmans sells loose gourmet teas. I bought lots of loose teas from them. I love their teas....
Mennonite store....I would like to go there. I am stil talking to Amos abt visiting you guys...Amos has to teach next week for 6 weeks and I guess after he finishes teaching, we'll plan to go to your house.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger