Saturday, June 9, 2007

1,2,3

This is one of our broody black banny hens who is nesting by the garden. Thanks goodness we noticed her before we mowed! The grass has grown way over her now and it's soo hard to see her. We thought "Oh how cute we're going to have more bannies." Then the other morning I saw her mother pacing back and forth in front of the closed chicken coop. Oh how nice two broody bannies. Then yesterday I had just walked past this hen's nest and saw her when I saw the other black hen in the yard. I hadn't opened the coop for the day yet. Three broody bannies??? I feel sorry for them when it rains or gets very hot. We have several other broody hens in the coop. The problem is somehow sometimes the eggs go bad and then we have to get rid of all the eggs and clean out the box and the poor hen has done all that hard work for nothing. (If I am able to get a better pic. in the near future I will add it.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger