Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Felt A Cold Com'in On


Gio has been fighting a cold for almost a week now. As soon as I think it's gone because his nose has not run for several hours, I turn around and there it is running again. I have tried cutting out dairy which usually helps because milk products are "known phlegm producers". I've been giving him Quantum Cold And Flu Formula drops in either water or juice. The next step is sprinkling probiotic in his drink. It worked last time.

Yesterday I didn't eat very well. For breakfast I had a sweet breakfast bar that I know had dairy in it and I did not take a dairy pill. For lunch I had Ghirardelli Raspberry Chocolate squares as well as commercial chocolate coconut and butter cookies (did take a dairy pill). For dinner we went to a local diner. I usually order the turkey dinner but they were sold out. They roast their own and it is delicious. I ended up having a ranchero chicken sandwich with sweet potato casserole and potato skins with sour cream. I shared a piece of chocolate cream pie for dessert (did take a dairy pill).

Late that night my throat was scratchy and I felt a cold coming on. I had two glasses of water each containing about 35 drops of Quantum Cold and Flu. The next morning I still wasn't up to par. I ended up making an omelet that contained everything but the kitchen sink. I looked in the refrigerator and took out any leftovers I could find. I found radish sprouts, broccoli, roasted corn, a bit of steak, a few slices of pepperoni, some scallions, and some leftover Thai food. I mixed everything together with eggs and added some frozen spinach as well as powdered garlic, onion, and beet. I also put in some pepper and parsley. When it was fully cooked I topped half with an organic Colby cheese and the other half with an extra sharp cheddar. I usually put catsup on my omelet but this was so tasty that it didn't need it.

Well, by the end of the day the scratchy throat was gone and I felt great. Just shows what eating poorly can do to your immune system and how eating veggies can keep you healthy. It could be all in my head but I like to think not.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger