Saturday, May 5, 2007

Recently Prepared Dishes

The recipe for this came from a cookbook I've had for years. The recipe called for 1/4 cup lime juice. Well I put in the juice of one lime and the lime zest. It ended up having a tropical almost aftertaste to it that just didn't go well with the other things going on in the dish.
I call this dish Thanksgiving With A Crust. I adapted a recipe I saw in the afore mentioned cookbook. It has ground turkey, frozen squash, celery, and onions in it. Gio enjoyed everything except the crust which is very strange because he just loves carbs.
Again from the afore mentioned cookbook. The difference here is that I pretty much followed the recipe for this one. I did add some freeze dried tomatoes and half the rice is brown. The recipe called for all white rice.
Teriyaki Pork. For this I used bottled organic teriyaki sauce and veggies I needed to use up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food look yummy. Did you do lots of cooking lately?

imayme said...

Not really I just haven't uploaded pics of the food I prepared in the last two weeks or so.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger