Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It's All Happenin' Out Here In The Country


I tell my Mom that all the time. What happens in my daily life will hopefully never be on the nightly news but it seems something interesting happens almost everyday.

Today I decided to take a few outside pics. I noticed the milkweeds were in bloom. "They attract Monarch Butterflies," as I thought this one flew by and landed on a milkweed plant a short distance away. I decided to walk through the "weeds" to get a close up shot before it few away. Well before I knew it there was a loud squawk and a loud flapping of wings not far in front of me. Apparently I had gotten too close to a hiding ring neck pheasant. Needless to say I never got the shot of the Monarch.

This happened one other time, the pheasant was almost in the exact same spot, when I was out for a walk with Fancy and the baby. I saw him hiding so when he decided to fly away I wasn't quite as startled.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger