Monday, July 6, 2009

The View From Tito's

We went to visit Tito and ended up on his roof. It was a great day for pictures. I ran across the street to grab the camera and the boys went ballistic. Breetz was looking for me on the street and Gio was trying to get outside to me.
One side of the street
...and the other.
This was our home for the month
This is my good friend Tito. I will be forever grateful to him. When Breetz's foster parents and I first met they spoke no English and I spoke no Spanish. Joe knows a little but not much. It was Tito that made our relationship possible. He has spent many hours translating for us both by phone and in person. He has also helped me with my Spanish and the Vasquez family with their English. Thanks to his kindness, patience, and generosity we now have a second family. Este es mi buen amigo Tito. Seré siempre agradecido a él. Cuando Breet de padres adoptivos y que se reunió por primera vez no hablaba Inglés y yo no hablaba español. Joe sabe un poco pero no mucho. Fue Tito que hizo posible nuestra relación. Ha pasado muchas horas traduciendo para nosotros tanto por teléfono y en persona. También ha ayudado a mí con mi español y de la familia Vásquez, con su Inglés. Gracias a su amabilidad, paciencia y generosidad sabemos tiene una segunda familia.
The blue rectangle in the background is a sink for washing laundry.
Planes fly pretty low in Guatemala.
If you click on this pic and enlarge it you can actually read the word TACA!
Mi amiga Irma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your trip,Amie. It is great to know you have a family in Guatemala who take care of you and the boys!

imayme said...

Yes, we are very blessed.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger