Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Quote from Bob Lonsberry

I listen to Bob Lonsberry every day that I possibly can. It is on WHAM 1180 am from 11:00am - 2pm Monday thru Friday. You can also listen to it on the net at wham1180.com . I love to hear him tell stories about his children, history and current events. He has made me laugh and cry. He has also sparked many interesting conversations. In a word, he is brilliant.

I was listening to him the other day and he said "The cult of self is the foundation of Liberalism." Wow! I believe this statement to be true. The ME Generation. I am number one and screw everyone else who is not in a position to do something for me. Gimme, gimme , gimme.

Welfare is a perfect example. Why on earth would you spend hours hunched over in the hot sun getting dirty picking vegetables in a field when you can sit at home and make more money on welfare??? What ever happened to taking pride in an honest days work?

The working person is heavily taxed to pay for all these programs that help the lower classes. If I were not taxed so much I would have more disposable income and therefore could decide where and who to donate my money to. Liberals and Democrats believe that people need all these programs to help and protect them and Conservatives believe that people should be allowed to make their own decisions concerning these issues. Each new law eats away at our freedom. Why should the government be able to demand that I wear a seat belt? Who is the government to tell me how long my grass should be?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger