Thursday, August 9, 2007

Woody?

I was taking one of my evening tours around the yard when I heard quite a commotion. Like someone was hammering metal, quite hard at work building or making something. When I turned the corner and started looking in the direction of the noise all of a sudden it stopped and two birds appeared on nearby branches to check me out. Turns out they were a pair of woodpeckers. The one flew away and this one stayed to keep an eye on me. I haven't heard them since that evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, it is so nice to have a woodpecker in your yard...I hope the woodpecker will come to your yard again...

imayme said...

It can be nice as long as they're not trying to build where you don't want them too. I feel lucky to be here surrounded be natue.

Powered By Blogger